Re: Weather related information published as Linked Data

Hi Richard,

> Just wondering, is there an established Linked Data pattern for modelling
> the concept of "current", e.g. either the "current" temperature or the
> "current" weather forcast? In both those cases it would link back to the
> last observation or forcast made, with the "current" value being updated

This was something I puzzled over for a while  ("how can an
application get from a location to the latest weather forecast?").
I considered (and rejected) the idea of a <latest-forecast> resource
that updated or redirected.

I realised that a pretty well established pattern is RSS feeds, so I
thought about wrapping the forecasts up in an RSS (1.0) feed, but in
the end just went for :

<lerwick> a  metoffice:MetOfficeLocation ;
 meteo:forecastPage <lerwick/latest-forecasts> .

<lerwick/latest-forecasts> foaf:topic
<lerwick/forecast/from/2011-08-28T21:38:00+00:00/for/2011-08-29T16:00:00>
.

(Sean Palmer was kind enough to add meteo:forecastPage to his meteo
vocabulary for me).

I haven't  looked at Observations (yet) - perhaps someone has
something to add about that. But a similar pattern could be used (eg:
<location> ex:observationPage <latest-observations> ).

HTH, and modelling critique welcome,

Keith