Re: Cost/Benefit Anyone? Re: Vote for my Semantic Web presentation at SXSW

Bob,

On 8/18/2011 4:29 PM, Bob Ferris wrote:
> Just an example from practise:
>
> http://blog.seevl.net/2011/08/18/about-json-ld-and-content-negotiation/
>
> near the end of this blog post:
>
> "... Then, we save costs." - that's it! ;)

You mean where the post says:

> Then, *we save costs*. By implementing a Content-negotiation strategy,
> we have a single layer to maintain between users (humans and machines)
> and our data. That largely simplifies the deployment process, and
> minimises overhead. Also, every new feature is immediately available
> from both side with no added cost.

Err, content negotiation has been available on Apache servers for years.
Glad it is working for you but not sure why you think that is relevant
to the discussion?

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--