Re: Vote for my Semantic Web presentation at SXSW

From: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:02:43 +0000
To: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
CC: ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
If you want a multi-million business based entirely on SemWeb Technology, try http://www.garlik.com/
(Nothing to do with me, by the way.)

I agree with others that looking for the Killer App is strange.
It's the Killer Edge (business-wise), and possibly the Killer Business that matter.
I know quite a few places that SemWeb Technologies are used to give businesses or consultancies an edge - it's no big deal for them; they just do it, and their customers don't even need to/want to know what technologies are being used, so why make a song and dance about it?