Re: Vote for my Semantic Web presentation at SXSW

On 8/18/11 11:02 AM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> If you want a multi-million business based entirely on SemWeb Technology, try http://www.garlik.com/
> (Nothing to do with me, by the way.)

What do you mean by: nothing to do with me? You mean zero association
across any dimension?
> I agree with others that looking for the Killer App is strange.
> It's the Killer Edge (business-wise), and possibly the Killer Business that matter.
> I know quite a few places that SemWeb Technologies are used to give businesses or consultancies an edge - it's no big deal for them; they just do it, and their customers don't even need to/want to know what technologies are being used, so why make a song and dance about it?

Data is the new electricity. URIs are the conduction mechanism. In some
capacity people need to know about data objects, items, entities. This
ultimately aids construction of critical "context lenses" that are
desperately needed re. Linked Data and the broader vision of
semantically interlinked web of data . Thus, when you say: "X has
nothing to do with You"  we'll be able to apply context, with ease :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen