Re: Wordnet Planets SPARQL Puzzle

On 4/12/11 10:50 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

>>          BIND(URI(CONCAT("http://dbpedia.org/resource/", ?label)) AS
>>         ?dbpResource)
>>
>>     The 1.0/1.1 clunkiness is just temporary, but I feel obliged to
>>     point out the hand-waving in this join-via-URI-concatenation...
>     What now? You don't like the manner in which a solution has been
>     constructed? What are you looking for here?
>

> I really think you can figure out for yourself what's not so great
> about this "solution". But to go ahead and state the obvious, this is
> concatenating wordnet's rdfs:label for these planets directly into a
> dbpedia URI. This will only work if the identifiers happen to line up
> exactly. Which they do in the case of these 8 (!) entities, but I
> wouldn't want to rely on that tactic in general.

Again, is it about quibbling about tactics or solving the problem.

Stop quibbling, contribute a solution. That's my fundamental point. Each
time someone attempts to make a contribution you quibble without ever
providing an alternative. It' really really easy to quibble. Much harder
to do and be judged.

How about a solution from you? Then sit back and enjoy the effects of
others quibbling about your solution without any sense of what its taken
you to produce said solution etc..

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com