Re: Wordnet Planets SPARQL Puzzle

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:57:37 -0400
To: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
CC: Rob Vesse <rav08r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, public-lod@w3.org
On 4/12/11 10:50 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
>>          BIND(URI(CONCAT("http://dbpedia.org/resource/", ?label)) AS
>>         ?dbpResource)
>>     The 1.0/1.1 clunkiness is just temporary, but I feel obliged to
>>     point out the hand-waving in this join-via-URI-concatenation...
>     What now? You don't like the manner in which a solution has been
>     constructed? What are you looking for here?
> I really think you can figure out for yourself what's not so great
> about this "solution". But to go ahead and state the obvious, this is
> concatenating wordnet's rdfs:label for these planets directly into a
> dbpedia URI. This will only work if the identifiers happen to line up
> exactly. Which they do in the case of these 8 (!) entities, but I
> wouldn't want to rely on that tactic in general.

Again, is it about quibbling about tactics or solving the problem.

Stop quibbling, contribute a solution. That's my fundamental point. Each
time someone attempts to make a contribution you quibble without ever
providing an alternative. It' really really easy to quibble. Much harder
to do and be judged.

How about a solution from you? Then sit back and enjoy the effects of
others quibbling about your solution without any sense of what its taken
you to produce said solution etc..

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software