Re: Wordnet Planets SPARQL Puzzle

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:50:43 -0400
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Rob Vesse <rav08r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>, public-lod@w3.org

>  BIND(URI(CONCAT("http://dbpedia.org/resource/", ?label)) AS ?dbpResource)
>>
> The 1.0/1.1 clunkiness is just temporary, but I feel obliged to point out
> the hand-waving in this join-via-URI-concatenation...
>
> What now? You don't like the manner in which a solution has been
> constructed? What are you looking for here?

I really think you can figure out for yourself what's not so great about
this "solution". But to go ahead and state the obvious, this is
concatenating wordnet's rdfs:label for these planets directly into a dbpedia
URI. This will only work if the identifiers happen to line up exactly. Which
they do in the case of these 8 (!) entities, but I wouldn't want to rely on
that tactic in general.