Re: 15 Ways to Think About Data Quality (Just for a Start)

From: glenn mcdonald <glenn@furia.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:37:52 -0400
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Deborah MacPherson <debmacp@gmail.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

> On your part, you claim Excel is pathetic.

No, I said that it's pathetic that Excel doesn't offer better tools for
evaluating and improving data.

Bottom, your subjective comments about Excel or any other product are
> unwarranted.
>
> Look, can't we just have a civil debate? Disagreements and debates are
> healthy in any realm.

Not sure what to do with this pair of statements.

Example: you see Google Refine vs Excel as an "Apples vs Apples" comparison
> re. Data Reconciliation matters.

I said no such thing. I brought up Google Refine precisely because it's a
different sort of thing than Excel.