Re: LOV - Linked Open Vocabularies

On 4/1/11 11:43 AM, Bob Ferris wrote:
> Hi Bernard,
>
> (cc-ed )
>
> On 4/1/2011 5:07 PM, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>> But at http://dbpedia.org/ontology/ itself I get
>>
>> @prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
>> @prefix owl: <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#> .
>> <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>    rdf:type    owl:Ontology ;
>>      owl:versionInfo "Version 3.5"@en .
>>
>> Missing a triple such as
>>
>> <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/>    rdfs:isDefinedBy    foo
>>
>> I've got at least a version number :)
>>
>> So where is the RDF file containing the whole ontology?
>
> [1] references [2], which is a zipped file of the DBPedia Ontology.
>
> However, you are absolutely right, re. Linked Data publishing
> principles it might beneficial if, e.g.,
>
> curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://dbpedia.org/ontology/
>
> or
>
> curl -H "Accept: application/rdf+xml" http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Person
>
> would resolve to a RDF/XML serialized description. It is a basic
> requirement especially re. Semantic Web ontology deployment to serve
> semantic graphs in different serializations formats. You are also
> right re. the application of rdfs:isDefinedBy for universals that are
> part of this ontology.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Bob
>

> [1] http://wiki.dbpedia.org/Ontology
> [2] http://downloads.dbpedia.org/3.6/dbpedia_3.6.owl.bz2

Thank you Bernard and Bob for this wonderful exchange !!

FYN is important to both the TBox and ABox. In short, the combination is
lethal when it comes to unveiling the real magical prowess of Linked Data.

We are making a really important turn towards improved clarity and
consistency re. Linked Data theory and actual practice.

Kinda ironic this happens on 1st April. LOL!

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen