Re: Hash vs Slash in relation to the 303 vs 200 debate (was: Is 303 really necessary - demo)

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> Not necessarily. If you take your ex:isDescribedBy predicate and add
> that to a triple store where the non-Information-Resource resources are
> identified using hash URIs, then the SPARQL query is just:
>
>        DESCRIBE <uri> ?res
>        WHERE { ?res ex:isDescribedBy <uri> . }
>
> which needn't be very slow.

I've done this myself but using foaf:primaryTopic and foaf:topic to
link a document URI to all the resources that are needed to render it.

>> The other downside of fragments is you can't say "it exists but I have
>> no description of it".
>
> <#foo> a rdfs:Resource .

In which case you do have a description of it :) But point taken, this
tautology would be enough.

Cheers,

Ian