Re: Is 303 really necessary?

From: Leigh Dodds <leigh.dodds@talis.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:38:42 +0000
To: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Cc: Ian Davis <me@iandavis.com>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi,

On 4 November 2010 15:21, Giovanni Tummarello
<giovanni.tummarello@deri.org> wrote:
> ..but a number of social community mechanisms will activate if you
> bring this up, ranging from russian style "you're being antipatriotic
> criticizing the existing status quo " to "..but its so deployed now"
> and ".. you're distracting the community from other more important
> issues ", none of this will make sense if analized by proper logical
> means of course (e.g. by a proper IT manager in a proper company, paid
> based on actual results).

It'd be pretty unfortunate for us as a community if we couldn't
continually test our assumptions about technology and best practices,
especially in light of experience taking these technologies to a wider
audience. I don't think we're at that stage yet though :)

> But the core of the matter really is : who cares.

If that's true then simpler approaches to publishing data should be
not just embraced, but actively promoted and encouraged.

It's great to see spread of RDFa, but I don't see that as a complete answer.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds