Re: SKOS, owl:sameAs and DBpedia

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:09:06 +0000
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>

>> Is that an issue? Should we drop SKOS altogether if we go on with
>> that, or should we use skos:exactMatch instead of owl:sameAs?
>
> see also http://wiki.foaf-project.org/w/term_focus
>
> I'm running out of excuses for not having added this already...

Great, thanks for the link!

However, I'd like to understand why a sameAs would be bad here, I have
the intuition it might be, but am really not sure. It looks to me like
there's no resource out there that couldn't be a SKOS concept as well
(you may want to use anything for categorisation purpose --- the loose
"categorisation" relationship being encoded in the predicate, not the
type). If it can't be, then I am beginning to feel slightly
uncomfortable about SKOS :-)

I am sure this problem must have been looked at before, e.g. within LCSH?