Re: [foaf-protocols] ACL Append

Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> 2010/6/18 Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
>> 'If I want to say that I want to be your friend, for example, I could
>> write that as a simple one-line statement into a "friend requests" file
>> which you allow me write access to. In fact, I only need append access,
>> and not even read or general write access to that list.'
>>

> What would the one line statement equivalent to 'I want to be your friend'
> be?

Following up (rather quickly).. I think we might have the makings of a
semantic inbox here..

Given that to Append any information you need to be Identified, thus
through FOAF+SSL, the triple accepting process will already know the
data the request was made, and the WebID of the Person who's Appending
the information.

Thus this could simply be a generic triple accepting process which can
be used for virtually anything..

if the triple is:
<#you> foaf:knows <#me> .
then the system or human can read that you know me, your webid can be
dereferenced to ensure this is true, and then optionally the human can
(or direct the system to) foaf:knows you back.

<#you> foaf:knows <#me> .
then the system or human can read that you have requested i add this
triple to whatever resource I please, it's a statement you want me to
make again appropriate action afterwards (if any).

<#post> foaf:maker <#me> .
A publishing system has just notified that I have been stated to be the
creator of something, I can then update the appropriate resource to say
I made <#post>, or contact the publisher to argue about the fact I
didn't make the post!

<#account> sioc:account_of <#me> .
Just opened up an account in an application, app has pinged back to say
so, I can update appropriately (or be informed that somebody else is
trying to open an account in my 'name').

_:b a x:Message ;
   sioc:content 'how are ya mate!'@en .
   foaf:maker <#you> .
You just send me a message to my semantic inbox..

s p o .
Anything!

Almost endless scope here - thoughts??

Best,