Re: Generate RDFa with Epiphany

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 07:29:11 -0500
To: benjamin.adrian@dfki.de
CC: public-lod@w3.org
Benjamin Adrian wrote:
> Dear Martin,
>
> The RDF extraction service SCOOBIE behind Epiphany can be configured
> or let's say trained with any RDF model that describes a certain domain.
> I'm working on extedning the Epiphany web service to let user define
> which model (even their own) to take for annotating web pages with
> Epiphany.
>
> So, to support Good Relations, we just will have to give it an RDF
> model such as it is available at the Amazon sponger data.
> But beside Epiphany I will try to configure SCOOBIE  with a small
> GoodRelations training set in the next days and keep you up-to-date.

Take a look at how our Sponger Middleware works, both efforts should
compliment one another just by being RESTful.

Links:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSponger
2. http://delicious.com/kidehen/goodrelations -- collection of
GoodRelations and Sponger generated Linked Data Space demos
3. http://uriburner.com -- example of a sponger based service.

Kingsley

> Best regards,
>
> Ben
>
> Martin Hepp (UniBW) schrieb:
>> Hi Benjamin,
>> Nice - can you create GoodRelations (http://purl.org/goodrelations/)
>> patterns in RDFa for existing shop pages, e.g. identify price and
>> product information?
>> Just spotting the product name, description, EAN/UPC code, and price
>> would already very valuable.
>>
>> Best
>> Martin
>>

>> PS: Did you see the Amazon sponger data, e.g. at
>>
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/id/entity/http/www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596518552
>>

>> Benjamin Adrian wrote:
>>> Hi everyone!
>>>
>>> Let me introduce the RDFa annotator Epiphany:
>>>
>>> It uses configurable domain-specific Linked Data to enrich web pages
>>> with RDFa annotation, automatically.
>>> These annotations link text passages to instances inside the Linked
>>> Data model.
>>> Hovering an annotation with your mouse opens a lighting box with
>>> additional information from the RDF graph behind the instance's HTTP
>>> URI.
>>>
>>> Epiphany runs at: http://projects.dfki.uni-kl.de/epiphany/
>>> On the top right you'll find an example.
>>>
>>> Under http://projects.dfki.uni-kl.de/epiphany/form, you can write
>>> your own text and receive RDFa content.
>>>
>>> Currently, the underlying Linked Data model is a subset of DBpedia
>>> covering German politics.
>>> In later versions you will be able to upload or link your own Linked
>>> Data model to annotate web pages with your own domain specific RDFa.
>>>
>>> Please don't hesitate in giving me your comments :). Twitter hashtag
>>> is #RDFEPIPHANY
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Ben

President & CEO