BBC Wildlife Ontology and RDF

From: Tom Scott <tascott@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:18:57 +0000
To: Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi

We've started publishing RDF/XML for the BBC's Wildlife Finder (
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wildlifefinder/) - as with bbc.co.uk/programmes and
bbc.co.uk/music we're using conneg to serve different versions of the
resources (currently RDF/XML and HTML), alternatively just add .rdf to a URL
e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/species/Black_Grouse.rdf

If you want a bit of background to the project have a look at my slides from
yesterday's London Linked Data meet-up:
http://www.slideshare.net/derivadow/apis-and-apis-a-wildlife-ontology

A few things to note:

1. You can find the ontology here: purl.org/ontology/wo/

2. But we're in the process of making a few changes to the structure of
adaptation (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/adaptations) and so haven't
published RDF for these just yet - these should be available soon;

3. The WO includes a couple of classes for conservation status - again we're
not publishing these resources just yet.

4. The video clips are restricted to the UK. Sorry.

Anyway I hope you find this useful.

Regards
Tom