Storing data with semantics..?

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:08:19 +0000
To: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>
Hi All,

Just need to gather opinions on whether it's okay to store "data" (as in
data in a certain format) in RDF, in graphs along with the "semantic"
and "linked" data. For example:

<a> <rdfs:label> "Title of data"@en ;
  <_ns0:link> <http://the-url-of.com/the_data.ext> .

vs

<a> <rdfs:label> "Title of data"@en ;
  <_ns1:data_in_format> "RAWDATA"^^base64 .

I had always assumed that a bit of raw data in there (that is
semantically described and linked) would be fine (and save an HTTP GET)
- but now thinking I may be wrong after speaking to somebody.

Any input?

Regards,

Nathan