Re: head/@profile needed in HTML 5? GRDDL in Linked Data community?

On 24 Feb 2010, at 16:55, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On a somewhat related topic... as RDFa matures, the need for GRDDL
> somewhat fades. I wonder, though... to what extent is GRDDL
> used in the linked data community?

Not much AFAICT.

> What tools consume it? What content providers produce it?

The Sindice perspective: For well-known formats such as microformats
or RDFa, we'd rather build a detector and manage the parsing on our
side, which is easy to do and gives access to the vast amount of
content that doesn't have a GRDDL declaration.

In theory, GRDDL should allow Sindice to ingest RDF from sites that
publish custom app-specific XML. In practice, there are no data
producers that have a GRDDL transform and aren't publishing in a
“normal” RDF format as well.

Best,
Richard