Linking HTML pages and data

From: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:39:08 +0000
To: public-lod@w3.org

A simple (possibly dumb) question. Is there a standard mechanism for
linking an HTML page to the non-information resource that it describes?

For example, in the page

I see a number of <link> elements in the header that point me to
alternate representations (rdf, json etc).  There's nothing in the
header that points me to *<http://dbpedia.org/resource/Mogwai_(band)
 >* (as far as I can tell) though. There is an "about" attribute on
the body that does so:

In contrast, if I look at the page for the band on the BBC, i.e.

there seems to be no reference at all to the non-information resource

which is the "subject" of the page.

Any conventions in operation here?

Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science