Re: Semantic black holes at sameas.org Re: [GeoNames] LOD mappings

From: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:36:31 +0100
To: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Cc: geonames <geonames@googlegroups.com>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
 sws.geonames URIs, SPARQL endpoint etc. Bearing in mind that Geonames.org
> has no dedicated resources for it, who will care of that in a scalable way?
> What is the business model? Good questions. Volunteers, step forward :)
>
> Bernard

Hi Bernard, the need to automatically interlink at large scale, and
give clean, and high performance querable datasets to users is well
recognized and supported e.g. also by the new EU funded projects which
still cant be named (i guess) yet but are now about to be confirmed.

so hang on tight a bit.. we're working on this, just continue
publishing high quality data with good entity descriptions (as much as
you know abou YOUR stuff), and the links will come to you "just like
that" at some point. I promise :)

Giovanni