twitter's annotation and metadata

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:52:42 -0500
To: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hopefully everybody has heard that Twitter will release some annotation
feature which will allow to add metadata to each tweet.

I just read this blog post
http://scobleizer.com/2010/04/15/twitter-annotations/

<http://scobleizer.com/2010/04/15/twitter-annotations/>and the following
caught my attention: "There aren’t any rules as to what can be in this
metadata. YET. All the devs I’ve talked to say they expect Twitter to
“bless” namespaces so the industry will have one common way to describe
common things"

I'm just wondering what people here think about this.

Juan Sequeda
+1-575-SEQ-UEDA
www.juansequeda.com