Re: DBpedia hosting burden

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:10:14 +0200
To: Daniel Koller <dakoller@googlemail.com>
Cc: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, dbpedia-discussion <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Daniel Koller <dakoller@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
> ...I just setup some torrent files containing the current english and german
> dbpedia content: (.. as a test/proof of concept, was just curious to see how
> fast a network effect via p2p networks).
> To try, go to http://dakoller.net/dbpedia_torrents/dbpedia_torrents.html.
> I presume to get it working you need just the first people downloading (and
> keep spreading it around w/ their Torrent-Clients)... as long as the
> *.torrent-files are consistent. (layout of the link page courtesy of the
> dbpedia-people)

Thanks! OK, let's see if my laptop has enough disk space left ;)
could you post an 'ls -l' too, so we have an idea of the file sizes?

Transmission.app on OSX says "Downloading from 1 or 1 peers" now (for
a few of them), and "from 0 of 0 peers" for others. Perhaps you have
some limits/queue in place?

Now this is where my grip on the protocol is weak --- I'm behind NAT
currently, and I forget how this works - can other peers find my
machine via your public seeder?

I'll try this on an ubuntu box too. Would be nice if someone could
join with a single simple script...

cheers,

Dan
I was working my way down the list in
http://dakoller.net/dbpedia_torrents/dbpedia_torrents.html
although when I got to Raw Infobox Property Definitions the first two
links 404'd...