Re: Triple materialization at publisher level

Wrt this,
i feel like sharing how we address this issue in Sindice and the tools
we provide.
We do materialization at central level following recursively the links
to ontologies e.g. by resolving property names.

This allows data producers to be consideraly more concise in the
markup (e.g. think of RDFa pages) and indeed skip all the of the
materialization itself

A tool to test how many inferred triples you get out of your explicit
ones once full materialization is performed is the Sindice web data
inspector

http://sindice.com/developers/inspector

e.g. here it shows the ontologies used in a simple foaf files

http://sindice.com/developers/inspector/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fg1o.net%2Ffoaf.rdf&doReasoning=true#ontologies

and the inferred triples are shown in the other tab

http://sindice.com/developers/inspector/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fg1o.net%2Ffoaf.rdf&doReasoning=true#triples

at any time, clients can exploit the full machinery either live (API doc)

http://sindice.com/developers/inspector/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fg1o.net%2Ffoaf.rdf&doReasoning=true#api

or via the cache (at break neck speed is ok here, served directly by hbase)

http://sindice.com/search/page?q=g1o.net+foaf+giovanni+tummarello&qt=term&url=http%3A%2F%2Fg1o.net%2Ffoaf.rdf%23me#api

hopes this helps
Giovanni