Re: Using predicates which have no ontology?

Hi all,

Thanks for keeping me in this loop and apologies for radio silence thus far.

On a theoretical level - making the link registry available as data is,
clearly, a jolly good idea and should happen.

On a practical level I am sorry to say I don't think I can help. In the
e-mail that Michael sent to bring me in to this discussion he said that
I was an editor of the Atom registry. Sorry, no, I'm not.

The ATOM Link registry is under the control of the IESG [1]. To get
'describedby' in there I had to send an e-mail to IANA [2].

But... it's all meant to be temporary. Version 09 of Mark Nottingham's
HTTP Link header Internet Draft has just been published and, if, as
we've been hoping for longer than I can remember, it becomes a full RFC
then the ATOM Link registry will be replaced by a new registry [3].

The current XML version of the registry has a bunch of declarations that
suggest that IANA is open to making different versions available if they
can be automated. An XSLT that produced triples would be pretty simple I
guess (linked GRDDL-style?)

The informal place to raise issues around MNot's draft is the HTTP WG's
mailing list (see announcement at [4]). Mark may be open to persuasion
on seeking a data version of the registry. Alternatively one could write
directly to IANA.

Sorry I can't be of more direct practical help.

Phil.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/iesg/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-powderwg/2009Feb/0007.html
[3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-09
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2010AprJun/0014.html

--

Phil Archer
http://philarcher.org/

i-sieve Technologies                   |      W3C
Sentiment Analysis Beyond Impressions  |      Open Media Web
http://i-sieve.com                     |      http://www.w3.org