Re: Yahoo RDFa enahced results example

On Sep 27, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Martin Hepp (UniBW) wrote:

> Hi Juan,
>
> Juan Sequeda wrote:
>
>> *One final question. Yahoo crawls all vocabularies while Google
>> only crawls
>> their vocabulary, right?
> To my knowledge, both crawl only a predefined list of vocabs.
> Fortunately, Yahoo crawls standard vocabs, Google invented their own

That's correct, we understand a predefined list of vocabs. We try to
be "omnivorous" -- we're willing to consider any format that is A)
popular on the web or B) has reached some threshold of "doneness". We
even support ad-hoc formats like Facebook Share for video.

>> Austin is the live music capital of the world, so
>> imagine the amount of music and event data on websites. If I use
>> the music
>> ontology to mark up the data, will Yahoo crawl this and potentially
>> use it
>> in their search results?
> You have to ask Yahoo :-)

It would be great to have a music ontology, as we have Yahoo! Music
and Yahoo! Upcoming (an event website -- many of which are concerts).
Make a real, solid music ontology, and we will strongly consider
supporting it.

>> What is the best vocabulary for events (venue,
>> time, description, price)?
>>
> For events, I don't know. There is an austrian initiative, but it is
> still pretty much alpha.
>
> As for the price: GoodRelations. Because, again an important
> distinction: It is not the event that has a price - it is a ticket
> (permission) to attend the event that has a price ;-)

We support a basic event template.[2] Event + pricing would almost
certainly be what Martin suggests -- some combo of our existing Event
template + GoodRelations for the ticket product inside. But we have
some homework to do on that one. :)

Evan

[1] http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/supporting-facebook-share-and-rdfa-for.html
[2] http://developer.search.yahoo.com/help/objects/event