Re: how to consume linked data

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:15:34 +0200
To: Graham Klyne <GK-lists@ninebynine.org>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org
Many thanks for responses, stuff to think about.

Yihong got to /root of my question, "...miss the main purpose why we
want to have data linked in the first place"

why are places like itsy, youtube and redtube (yup, pr0n still lives)
more compelling, given what we know?

people *are* getting the data out, but it seems to me there's a gap
between that and stuff that actually improves people's quality of
life.

sorry if I sound negative, I reckon the semweb is a done deal now, the
many-eyeballs arrived.

but - where should we take it?

--
http://danny.ayers.name