government linked data (new group at W3C)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:02:08 -0400
To: semantic-web@w3.org, public-owl-dev@w3.org, public-lod@w3.org

The W3C eGovernment Interest Group is in the process being re-chartered,
and the new focus is largely on government data, including gathering
experience and advising governments on how to publish linked data and
use other Semantic Web technologies.

If this is something you're interested in, please consider at least
joining our mailing list (not just for W3C members):

If you're part of a W3C member organization, please make sure your AC
Rep [1] has reviewed the charter [2], and expressed their support and/or
given other feedback on the proposal using the comments form:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/eGov2/   [member only]

Assuming the eGov group is re-chartered, we intend to form task forces
able to focus as necessary on particular parts of the problem space.  If
you join the mailing list or the IG now, you'll be able to help guide
the formation of those task forces.

     -- Sandro       http://www.w3.org/People/Sandro/

[1] http://www.w3.org/Member/ACList   [member only]
[2] http://www.w3.org/2009/06/eGov/ig-charter