Re: What about music-related URIs???

On 6 Sep 2009, at 17:06, Dan Brickley wrote:

> ps. i am just running MusicBrainz Picard tagger over all my mp3s
> (includes all the CDs I ever bought...). ... Is there a tool /
> workflow people here can recommend to turn all that into RDF locally?
> does picard keep a db somewhere, or all metadata is just within the
> files?

I wrote a tool to do this for myself a while ago. Last night I
cleaned it up and added it to my source repository, but forgot to
reply here.

http://goddamn.co.uk/viewvc/misc/ogg2rdf/ogg2rdf.pl

It only works on Oggs right now, but it probably wouldn't be much
work to add MP3 support as well.

Usage is:

ogg2rdf.pl somefile.ogg anotherfile.ogg /some/dir/ /another/dir/
anotherfile.ogg

And it prints out RDF/XML to STDOUT.

--
Toby A Inkster