Re: What about music-related URIs???

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:13:54 +0100
Cc: music-ontology-specification-group@googlegroups.com, Kurt J <kurtjx@gmail.com>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
On 6 Sep 2009, at 17:06, Dan Brickley wrote:

> ps. i am just running MusicBrainz Picard tagger over all my mp3s
> (includes all the CDs I ever bought...). ... Is there a tool /
> workflow people here can recommend to turn all that into RDF locally?
> does picard keep a db somewhere, or all metadata is just within the
> files?

I wrote a tool to do this for myself a while ago. Last night I
cleaned it up and added it to my source repository, but forgot to
reply here.

It only works on Oggs right now, but it probably wouldn't be much
work to add MP3 support as well.

Usage is:

ogg2rdf.pl somefile.ogg anotherfile.ogg /some/dir/ /another/dir/

And it prints out RDF/XML to STDOUT.

Toby A Inkster