Re: What about music-related URIs???

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Yves Raimond<yves.raimond@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess it will be as soon as we actually send them a  patch :-) I did
> some work on that last year (just rdf/xml) but as nick said, the
> codebase has been changing very fast since then... We should gather
> efforts  once the big scary release is out and make it happen!

It would be great to have the core music-brainz derrived music URIs
hosted on a *.musicbrainz.org domain, even if initially it served as a
redirector / mirror / cache for materials elsewhere. MB deserves to be
the hub here I think, and changing all those URIs in a couple of years
will be quite tricky... maybe some DNS based delegation is the way to
go in the short term?

cheers,

Dan

ps. i am just running MusicBrainz Picard tagger over all my mp3s
(includes all the CDs I ever bought...). ... Is there a tool /
workflow people here can recommend to turn all that into RDF locally?
does picard keep a db somewhere, or all metadata is just within the
files?