Re: Linked Data for ICD? OPCS-4?

From: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 01:36:16 +0200
To: "Jeni Tennison" <jeni@jenitennison.com>, <public-lod@w3.org>, "public-semweb-lifesci" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

> Before I go creating them, does anyone know of a Linked Data source
> for the International Classification of Diseases (ICD)[1] and/or the
> OPCS-4 classification scheme for interventions [2]?

Does it need to be 'Linked Data' (i.e. resolvable URIs) or would any RDF/OWL
Cardillo et al. have a paper were they  claim to have created an OWL version
of ICD-10:
but I am not sure if the URIs  would be linked data compliant; probably not.
I remember having come across other RDF versions of ICD-9, but I guess they
would not be linked data compliant either.

Besides, many Wikipedia entries have links to ICD-10 codes, which are also
represented in DBpedia (although in a slightly messy way). Example:

If it turns out that concepts from ICD-10 are entirely contained in DBpedia,
then maybe using DBpedia URIs directly could be an option.

Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria