Re: Guerilla science: what can we do in 10 days?

On 25 May 2009, at 14:37, joel sachs wrote:

> 1. Have you considered putting the species name inside the URLs for
> the pages? This would simplify human interaction with the data;
> would there be a downside?

While that seems like a useful idea, I wanted to use the same
identifiers as IUCN do.

e.g.
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/136309
http://life.buzzword.org.uk/2009/populations/136309

This means you can just use their search engine.

Also, I have some indices which may be of use:

http://life.buzzword.org.uk/2009/indices/taxon/

> 2. I notice that the URI
> http://life.buzzword.org.uk/2009/terms/categories#assessment
> does not yet exist.

Nothing under /2009/terms/ exists yet - I don't intend to put
anything there until I've figured out IUCN's licensing policy for
this data, as it would be a shame to do all that work and then find I
have to take it down.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>