Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Kingsley:
So basically you think that RDF hosting will ne a new market segment
with services like small RDF hosting services (same as private Web space
packages), free hosting (maybe with ads included in the RDF), etc.?
Martin

Kingsley Idehen wrote:
 >Martin:
 >I think having a third party relay inaccurate opening and closing
hours is a feature re. the GoodRelations, RDFa, Linked Data, and pinger
services combo; it makes the "opportunity cost" of not putting the >RDFa
embellished HTML doc  (from #3) on the server, palpable :-)  Thus,  we
end up with a closed loop, that simply lets the Web do the REST
(including social and political cajoling re. doc publishing).

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen

e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
         http://www.heppnetz.de/ (personal)
skype:   mfhepp
twitter: mfhepp

Check out the GoodRelations vocabulary for E-Commerce on the Web of Data!

Webcast:
http://www.heppnetz.de/projects/goodrelations/webcast/

Talk at the Semantic Technology Conference 2009:
"Semantic Web-based E-Commerce: The GoodRelations Ontology"
http://tinyurl.com/semtech-hepp

Tool for registering your business:
http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/tools/goodrelations-annotator/

Overview article on Semantic Universe:
http://tinyurl.com/goodrelations-universe

Project page and resources for developers:
http://purl.org/goodrelations/

Tutorial materials:
Tutorial at ESWC 2009: The Web of Data for E-Commerce in One Day: A Hands-on Introduction to the GoodRelations Ontology, RDFa, and Yahoo! SearchMonkey

http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations_Tutorial_ESWC2009