Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

>> b) download RDFa snippet that just represents the RDF/XML content (i.e. such
>> that it does not have to be consolidated with the "presentation level" part
>> of the Web page.
>>

> By coincidence, I just read this:
>
>   Hidden div's -- don't do it!
>   It can be tempting to add all the content relevant for a rich snippet
>   in one place on the page, mark it up, and then hide the entire block
>   of text using CSS or other techniques. Don't do this! Mark up the
>   content where it already exists. Google will not show content from
>   hidden div's in Rich Snippets, and worse, this can be considered
>   cloaking by Google's spam detection systems. [1]
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>
> [1] <http://knol.google.com/k/google-rich-snippets/google-rich-snippets/32la2chf8l79m/1#>

Martin/Mark,

Time to make a sample RDFa doc that includes very detailed GR based
metadata.

Mark: Should we be describing our docs for Google, fundamentally? I
really think Google should actually recalibrate back to the Web etc..

President & CEO