want a ping api?

We are currently processing from 500 to 50000 pings per day in
sindice. (this is excluding semantic sitemaps, and excluding crawler
findings)

We are now scaling using hadoop, so that each one is completely
reassoned upon (closure of all the imported or simply "mentioned"
ontologies) before being indexed. This is performed on hadoop so we
can scale to 500000 or whatever, just add servers. (this was described
a few days ago on http://blog.sindice.com )

If they community wants them for a reason i'll be happy to implement a
ping "giveout" api

I am not sure however how having such a mass of pings with no filter
or some capability on top can help. What about RSS and pings on
specific URIs or searchers? (like long standing queries?) wouldnt that
be better?

If we can agree on some specs (and there are actual uses for it) we'll
be very happy to support.

Giovanni