Re: looking for an event ontology/vocabulary

On Jul 29, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Yves Raimond wrote:

>>> The disjoint statement between agent and factor defines factors as
>>> something that doesn't have an active role in the event.
>>
>> But are necessary for the event to take place? Or play a
>> significant role in
>> the event, so that if they were not present, the event would have
>> been
>> different? Or something?
>
> Sorry, missed that comment for some reason. In this ontology, events
> are "just" arbitrary classifications of space--time regions. Hence you
> can perfectly classify any such region ("I thought about RDF over the
> last ten years", "I was walking to the office from 8 to 9 this
> morning"). And yes, it is purposely loose.

Fine. I have no quarrel with this kind of looseness, let me quickly
add. But it would have been great if the published documentation had
said this up front, explicitly. I guess the moral is, being
underspecified in this sense is fine, but you need to say that
**explicitly** in the documentation. Lack of documentation does not
make the concept automatically 'loose'. (It might just be poor
documentation of a 'tight' concept. There are many examples out
there...)

Pat