Re: [Freebase-experts] ISBNs, owl:sameAs, etc

From: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:48:46 +0000
To: "Daniel O'Connor" <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>, Freebase Experts <freebase-experts@freebase.com>, "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>
On 29/12/2009 07:56, "Daniel O'Connor" <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But is the description of the book (ie Freebase topic) really the same
>> thing as the book?
>>
>> Assuming it was, wouldn't you not only have to make the sameAs
>> assertions and publish them someplace, but also get them loaded into
>> sameas.org <http://sameas.org> ?
Sounds great - I would like that :-)
Just send me a file (URI pairs are easiest for me), or a URL of such a file.

However, I prefer to live in the Linked Data world, so have avoided
non-resolvable URIs such as urn:isbn:9780670063260 in sameas.org (so far).
In practice we could do it, or even provide a SW sameas, probably on another
domain, but I'd like to feel it was extra useful before doing it.
Any comments?