Re: Creating JSON from RDF

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:26:16 +0100
To: Dave Reynolds <dave.e.reynolds@googlemail.com>
Cc: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, public-lod@w3.org, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, John Sheridan <John.Sheridan@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk>, ivan@w3.org
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Dave Reynolds
<dave.e.reynolds@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeni,
>
> [Rest of post snipped for now, I'll respond properly later. Seems like we
> are on sufficiently similar wavelengths that it is "just" a matter of
> working the details.]
>
>> I don't know where the best place is to work on this: I guess at some
>> point it would be good to set up a Wiki page or something that we could use
>> as a hub for discussion?
>
> I'd suggest setting up a Google Code area and making anyone who is
> interested a committer. That gives us a Wiki but also hosting for associated
> code for generating/navigating the format. I'd be happy to set one up.
>
> An alternative is the ESW Wiki but (a) that doesn't have an associated code
> area, (b) I don't personally have access right now (though I believe that is
> easily fixable) and (c) it might be presumptuous to associate it with W3C at
> this stage of baking.

Ivan Herman (cc:'d) has been looking into a modernised general
'Semantic Web' wiki area on w3.org, ie. using (Semantic?) MediaWiki,
rather than the old MoinMoin (for now and forseeable ESW will remain
using MoinMoin, since migration is non-trivial). There was also some
recent discussion at W3C about opening up Git or Mercurial distributed
versioning systems for the standards community, which sounds like it
could be a good fit for SemWeb IG-and-nearby collaborations. However
that is at an early stage. Google Code might be easiest for now...

Ivan - care to comment?

Dan