Re: Creating JSON from RDF

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 23:27:20 +0100
To: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Cc: public-lod@w3.org, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, John Sheridan <John.Sheridan@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk>
Jeni, marvellous that you're working on this, and marvellous that
you've thought this through an awful lot already.

I can't offer any real practical suggestions right away (a lot to
digest here!) but one question I think right away may some
significance: you want this to be friendly to normal developers - what
kind of things are they actually used to? Do you have any examples of
existing JSON serializations of relatively complex data structures -
something to give an idea of the target.

While it's a bit apples and oranges, there presumably are plenty of
systems now pushing out JSON rather than the XML they would a few
years ago - is there anything to be learnt from that scenario that can
be exploited for RDF?

Cheers,
Danny.

--