Re: Creating JSON from RDF

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 17:16:24 -0500
To: Frederick Giasson <fred@fgiasson.com>
CC: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>, public-lod@w3.org, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>, John Sheridan <John.Sheridan@nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk>
Frederick Giasson wrote:
> Hi Jeni,
>
> One project, amongst other, in this trend is irON [1] (with its
> irJSON[2] serialization profile).
>
> Also note that a revision of this specification will be released in
> the coming month or so based on the latest work we have done regarding
> the development of some parsers. The biggest areas that has been
> enhanced is  related to the "schema".
>
> I think this project is in direct relation with the goal you stated:
> "what I think we should aim for is a pure publishing format that is
> optimised for approachability for normal developers, *not* an
> interchange format."
>
> Another thing I really find interesting with irON is its commON[3][4]
> profile (CSV) which has been developed to easily create and manage
> datasets of records description in spreadsheet applications (mainly
> Excel and OpenOffice Calculator).
>
> Do not hesitate to ask any questions regarding irON or any of its
> profile, questions about some design decisions we take that lead to
> this specification, etc.
>

> [1]  http://openstructs.org/iron/iron-specification
> [2]  http://openstructs.org/iron/iron-specification#mozTocId462570
> [3]  http://openstructs.org/iron/iron-specification#mozTocId603499
> [4]
> http://www.mkbergman.com/845/a-most-un-common-way-to-author-datasets/

Fred,

Why not use Jeni's dump as a usecase example/tutorial re. irON? A What
(for the problem), Why (for irON virtues) and a How (an example based on
the usecase presented). This is how you can formulate a very sharp apex
for the irON value pyramid. Also note, UK, US, and Aussie governments
(amongst others) are all hitting the publishing of structured data hump.

Kingsley

> Thanks!
>

> Take care,
>

> Fred