Semantic Web panels at SXSW 2010 conference

From: Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:01:08 +0200
To: public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Everybody

I don't know if many know about SXSW conference, but it is the huge festival
on interactive, film and music. The interactive part can be considered a big
web developer conference. This past SXSW, I was amazed that there weren't
panels on Semantic Web related stuff. So last month, I decided to get in
contact with several people in the community and ask them to submit as many
panels as possible. We were able to submit 12 panels! There are also 7 other
related panels that were not submitted by us. The issue is that panels are
choosen in part by a public vote. So now I urge the whole semantic web
community to help out and vote for these panels! With Semantic Web Austin,
we want to lobby with the organizers of SXSW to have a special semantic web
track (a full day on semantic web panels). But for this to happen, we need
to show them that there is enough interest.

I made a list of the submitted panels here:
http://juansequeda.blogspot.com/2009/08/semantic-web-panels-at-sxsw-2010.html

Finally I want to thank Ian Davis, Andraz Tori, Tom Heath, Leigh Dodds and
Peter Mika for helping out and submitting panels!

Juan Sequeda, Ph.D Student
Dept. of Computer Sciences
The University of Texas at Austin
www.juansequeda.com