Re: Segment RDF on BBC Programmes

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:17:52 +0100
To: Diego Berrueta Muņoz <diego.berrueta@fundacionctic.org>
Cc: John Goodwin <John.Goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk>, Linking Open Data <public-lod@w3.org>
Hello!

>> $ curl -H "Accept:
>>
>> text/html;q=1,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8,application/rdf+xml;q=0,text/rdf+n3;q=0"
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/149e6720-4e4a-41a4-afca-6d29083fc091
>>
>> :-)
>
> We're aware of the limitations of mod_rewrite to effectively and correctly
> implement content-negotiation, please see note at [1] and issue at [2]. Any
> suggestion on this would be greatly appreciated!

I've played a bit with several ways of doing it. mod_negotiation seems
to be the most sensible solution. However, I did not find a way to
make it run with non-static files (e.g. DESCRIBE on a SPARQL
end-point). If not using that, then I think the only proper solution
left is to code the content negotiation in the actual web application
(that's what URISpace does, and I think that's what Pubby does).

Cheers!