Re: Size matters -- How big is the danged thing

Kingsley,

On 22 Nov 2008, at 17:09, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> LOD warehouses have a clear set of characteristics:
>
> 1. Static (due to periodic Extract and Load aspect of RDF production)
> 2. Presumed to be less questionable by some re. license terms
>
> Dynamically generated Linked Data via wrappers also have their
> characteristics:
>
> 1. Dynamic (RDF generated "on the fly")
> 2. Presume to be questionable by some re. license terms
>
> Is the initial dichotomy I espoused still false in reality?

Yes it is still false. There are plenty of LOD datasets that don't fit
into your classification at all because they have on-the-fly generated
RDF and have no IP or licensing issues whatsoever.

Static vs. dynamic is about implementation techniques. Paying
attention to licensing issues is a completely orthogonal issue. I
really don't know where you get the idea that these two questions are
the same. They are not.

Cheers,
Richard