Re: ESWC 2008 Linked Data Playground

From: David Huynh <dfhuynh@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 22:19:51 -0400
To: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>

Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Hmm.
> In a linked data world, the location of the institution would be published,
> and then another linked world would be used to map place to lat/long?
>
> This could actually happen just within dbpedia.
> So looking up the institution in dbpedia will often give the p:city, which
> leads to geo:lat and geo:long.
> So what is needed is to sameAs
> http://data.semanticweb.org/organization/humboldt-universitaet-berlin
> and
> http://dbpedia.org/page/Humboldt_University_of_Berlin
> etc
> And then follow the Linked Data road.
>
> There are other solutions, but this is probably the simplest and safest?

Would someone familiar with how to do that just give me a RDF/XML file
of the lat/lng coordinates? Or give me some more detailed actions. :-)
I'm playing a dumb user here, who has no idea how to "sameAs" URIs. And
how do I follow the Linked Data road without tedious handling of URIs?

I think this is a rather realistic and conceptually simple task--getting
related data given some existing data--that LOD would be wonderful for.
Please show me the way!

David