Re: Using Linking Open Data datasets

Hi,

> endpoint, just whether sindice overall would publish these endpoints
> or links to known sitemaps possibly where information can be found,
> including the extra information about the dbpedia topics that are
> related to the individual endpoints to promote discovery. For the

as per my previous answer. We might return sparql endpoints as well,
why not. For the moment we return links to rdf documents (or pages
with embedded microformats. API to get the RDF (Better than the usual
grddl) to come soon).

> moment the static web page approach that is taken by
> http://www.sindice.com/map is okay, although it would be nice as I say
> to also produce it as RDF in the linked data way.
>

> Sindice has limited resources I figure, and being able to utilise each
> producers sparql endpoint for queries instead of sindice would be
> valuable to everyone.

Sindice doesnt answer sparql queries but has its own (simple) query
language. Its not meant to be a substitute but just a plce where to
find general directions .. then you as a client or integrator can of
course interact directly with the target data provider sparql endpoint
(e.g. discovered via semantic sitemap)

> Btw, the map says something about billions of pieces of information
> but the index that is used says: "Now searching index V1 (around 7.02
> million documents and counting). Also try index V0 (26.9 M) " How much
> of a dump is actually utilised in the search index in order to
> compress the billions down to millions this way.

billions of pieces of information = triples or microformat equivalent
of triples ..
currently over 2b in the beta0 index. (Beta1 is growing but it will
take time since some stuff needs to be fixed before we can index much
faster.). Beta 0 only has RDF sources so most of it is dumps collected
via semantic sitemaps.

Giovanni