Re: Library of Congress Subject Headings as SKOS Linked Data

Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Ed,
>
> A very cool service, and exemplary attention to detail!
>
> Of course, I still have a few suggestions! I haven't read through the
> entire thread, so apologies if some of this was mentioned already.
>
> (I saw 303s being mentioned in the thread -- you are doing things the
> right way, there's no need to do 303s at <sh95000541>. It is an
> information resource and therefore 200 is fine. The concept is
> <sh95000541#concept>, a URI that cannot be directly dereferenced via
> HTTP, so you are consistent with httpRange-14, as explained in the Cool
> URIs document. This is one of the nice things about hash URIs.)
>
> 1. The content-negotiated URI should send a "Vary: Accept" header. This
> helps caches to deal correctly with content-negotiated resources.
>
> 2. The correct MIME type for N3 is "text/rdf+n3;charset=utf-8", not
> "text/n3". (I think the spec used to recommend text/n3, but has been
> changed some time ago.)

We should also make a difference between turtle and N3. Roughly
speaking, N3 is a superset of turtle; regardless of the rule features of
N3, it also has some syntactic features to serialize graphs that turtle
does not have. On the other hand, while most of the RDF environments
today understand turtle, they may not understand N3. Ed, I am not sure
which of the two you generate. In case you use turtle, then it might be
better to use text/turtle as a media type (per
http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/)

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/