Re: [call for comments] voiD - vocabulary of interlinked datasets

From: Yves Raimond <yves.raimond@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:16:16 +0100
To: "Jun Zhao" <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Cc: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>, public-lod@w3.org

Hello!

>> http://community.linkeddata.org/MediaWiki/index.php?MetaLOD#Kick-off_mee
>> ting_at_ESWC08

Really interesting indeed :-) I am still looking for an effective way
of describing the content of a dataset, and I came across RIRO
recently, which has a part about graph patterns in RDF -
http://vocab.org/riro/gpt.html  (look at the other RIRO ontologies to
put that back into context).

I think this might be a bit too complex though. I also thought about
the following possibility: having something like:

:dataset void:example  :example.

where :example is a small RDF document holding an example of what you
could find in this dataset. For example, I might have -

:example {
:both a mo:MusicArtist; foaf:made :rec.
:rec mo:available_as :playlist.
}

Then, it would be easy enough to SPARQL for "datasets that hold music
artists and related playlists".

Cheers!