Re: GoodRelations - The Web Ontology for E-Commerce

Hi Michael:

Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> Another quick Q: I dunno, but skimming the user guide at [1] didn't suggest to me that there are already real-world datasets (such as Amazon, etc.) available that have been published using the GoodRelations ontology - can you correct me on that one? IMHO this would really make a great linked dataset (I'm CCing linked data mailing list therefore ...).

As for product model data: I think this will be a great source of linked
open data. We have contacts to several manufacturers and companies
hosting respective databases, so expect some data soon. However, there
are of course thousands of such sources, so if anyone needs help in
properly modeling the export using GoodRelations, we should be able to
provide the modeling pattern.

As for offering data: I think such is usally way more volatile, so in
here, we are working on scrips etc, that produce RDF/XML dumps on demand
(or as nightly batches). So Amazon offerings would likely be data one
should load freshly before executing a query.

Again - anybody who needs help in exposing product and services-related
data using GoodRelations, please contact me; we will try to help as much
as we can. There will also be a "recipes" page on the GoodRelations Web
page soon, describing typical scenarios in a cookbook-style.

Best

Martin