Re: Contd: Visualizing LOD Linkage

Hi guys,

i think visualizing the linkage between dataset is an interesting
goal. To this end we're going to be starting some experiments within
sindice to try to come up with a complete and automatic map fo such
linkings.

for once its not the just the "cool" factor we're after: such map
should help applicaiton implementers understand what kind of query
they can perform and what they can hope to obtain.

The technologies involved in such analisys are pretty cool, an hadoop
job reads over our hbase repositories of rdf and microformats and
should compose the map.. think of how many things could be done more
in terms of analisys with such technologies and the 28 core cluster we
have now (and hopefully with the 800 core cluster we might have in 2-3
months, more news later).

.. fancy to write such hadoop jobs and deliver cool large scale apis
to the linked data communities? why not come over for an internship or
a visiting  research period. This infrastructure is available so.. and
we're open to share it. More stable positions also available.

Giovanni

p.s. in the meanwhile we should be able to show soon a query that
lists all the same as connection from a dataset to another, hopefully
in a few days.