Re: Contd: Visualizing LOD Linkage

Hi Giovanni,

On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Giovanni Tummarello
<giovanni.tummarello@deri.org> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> i think visualizing the linkage between dataset is an interesting
> goal. To this end we're going to be starting some experiments within
> sindice to try to come up with a complete and automatic map fo such
> linkings.
>
> for once its not the just the "cool" factor we're after: such map
> should help applicaiton implementers understand what kind of query
> they can perform and what they can hope to obtain.

Sounds great. Sindice is going to become a key piece in moving this forward.

IMO, even better than a static visualization ( which would not scale
well, and probably become too complex to interpret ) what would be
needed is a tool.
Are you planning on opening a some sort of VoiD introspection API for
the indexed content in Sindice?

This "tool" sounds like a place for community work and a lot of trial
and error, so it would be nice to have a solid API to start from.

Moving forward a bit, I imagine that sparql query builders like
OpenLink's could, eventually, become integrated with such API to allow
some introspection into the available datasets. Off the top of my
head: auto complete when composing, activate/deactivate datasets when
executing, etc.

And just a guess... this API shouldn't belong to Sindice. It should be
part of the semweb... introspection. Agents like sindice should
announce themselves and be discoverable ( this is obviously something
old ). One new DNS-ish layer. And it should be RDF too.

--
:::: Aldo Bucchi ::::
+56 9 7623 8653