Re: Linked Movie DataBase

Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Oktie Hassanzadeh wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Sören Auer
>> <auer@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Oktie, all,
>>>
>>> Great work you have done with LinkedMDB.org!
>>>

>> Thanks Sören!
>>

>>> I would like to point you to another open movie data related
>>> project: Open
>>> Movie Database (http:/omdb.org), which contains very high quality
>>> data and
>>> is completely free and open.
>>>

>>  We will soon add links to OMDB.org as well. We would also like to
>> contribute to the OMDB by sending them back the links we find to other
>> data sources (If I'm not making a mistake, most of the OMDB articles
>> currently don't link to other related web sites).
>>  As a side note, we chose to start with freebase data since the number
>> of movies on OMDB was around 9,000 when we started setting up
>> LinkedMDB (as mentioned in our 2-page report) comparing with more than
>> 38,000 freebase movies. Although OMDB is also growing fast, and has
>> around 12,000 movies now.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Oktie
>>

> Oktie,
>
> Is the Freebase community aware of this effort?

So far we have only briefly discussed our plan with Freebase people when
they were giving a demo on Freebase in SIGMOD conference last June [1].
And they told us that their film category is going to grow significantly
in the next few months.

Regards,
Oktie

[1] http://blog.freebase.com/2008/06/06/freebase-at-sigmod/