RE: Visualizing LOD Linkage

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 15:42:42 +0200
To: "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: <public-lod@w3.org>

> I would like to suggest that publishers of new linked data spaces that plug into the growing LOD include the following:

+1. And even take that a step further: with voiD it will be possible to represent that information in RDF ;)

As they have really done a great job as well publishing the statistical data [1]we could perfectly use this in the voiD guide.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://www.linkedmdb.org:8080/Main/Statistics

 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
    phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)
   e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at
      web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/ <https://webmail.joanneum.at/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.joanneum.at/iis/>

 <private>
   mobile: +43-660-7621761
      web: http://www.sw-app.org/ <https://webmail.joanneum.at/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.sw-app.org/>

________________________________

I would like to suggest that publishers of new linked data spaces that
plug into the growing LOD include the following:

1. cross-link information
2. cross-link visual derived from the LOD cloud diagram.

The Linked Movies Database has nice examples of both [1].

Links:

1. http://www.linkedmdb.org:8080/Main/Interlinking

Kingsley Idehen       Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
President & CEO