Re: Developing LinkedData.org

On 4/18/08, Tom Heath <Tom.Heath@talis.com> wrote:

> Off the bat, perhaps one approach would be to find a friendly community
> (in an related or unrelated domain - say, some scientists perhaps ;) who
> we could support by running a Drupal installation for them and helping
> to LOD this, learning and documenting the lessons along the way...?

For what it's worth.. :)

Just dropped a quick "what if" email to a large group of wildlife
rehabilitators who have graciously let me live my former Life as the
same as part of their extended family.. I have *ALWAYS* wanted to do
just this, help them be able to set up some kind of worldwide database
of sharing experiences with their wins and losses, so to speak,
through documenting, say, species, age, measurements, feeding
schedule, quantities, yetc, yetc, yetc.......

If I hear back that they may be "game", I'll pass it along as one
suggestion for this community..

Oh, and by this suggestion, does it appear I do or do not yet quite
grasp the purpose of LOD..?

Thanks.. :)

Cindy Sue

- :: -